Here at Popcorn Friday, we not only want to introduce you to some amazingly delicious popcorn, but also showcase some of the ways to enjoy it that are a little outside the box. Ever wonder who came up with the box and who decided what goes in it? Nah, me neither!
I’m a part of what we like to call the “Marine Wife Community,” or “Marine Wife Underground,” as we sometimes jokingly call it. We provide support for each other and we share all kinds of information with each other, including recipes. It’s a wife thing. One of my BFFs shared with me her family’s brownie recipe, Double Chocolate Brownies, and it kind of went viral in our community and became known as THE Brownies. There is now no other. It became a family classic, because one thing moms frequently find themselves making is brownies. First, because they’re simple, and secondly, because people love them, especially kids. And they were such in a hit in our house. Some people may have a go-to mix they buy, but after I was given this recipe I ditched the box and I’ve never looked back. I wanted to share it with you, our wonderful customers, but with the addition of a Popcorn Friday Twist!
What goes with better with chocolate than caramel? I know, right? Ok, ok. Maybe peanut butter, maybe mint, but for this recipe, we’re going to go with caramel. Caramel Popcorn. Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn. Ohhh, yes. We’re going to take our fabulous Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn and use it as a topping for THE Brownies.
(Here’s where I cut the chitchat and give you the goods.) Come on by our store today and pick up our Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn and give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed!
THE Brownies, aka Double Chocolate Brownies, with Popcorn Friday Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn
Ingredients:¾ cup unsifted all-purpose flour¼ tsp. baking soda¼ tsp. salt1/3 cup butter¾ cup sugar2 Tbsp. water1-12oz. package semisweet chocolate chips1 tsp. vanilla extract2 eggs½ cup chopped nuts, optional1 ½ cups Popcorn Friday Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, sugar and water; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add 1 cup of the chocolate chips and vanilla, and stir until chips melt and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually blend in flour mixture. Stir in remaining chips and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 9” square baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with Popcorn Friday Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool completely before cutting.